Smartlinx Inc. is pleased to announce that its wholly owned subsidiary, Smartlinx VoIP Networks, signed a MoU with Nettlinx Limited, an ISP and STPI registered service provider in India, to collaborate on the development of biometric based eGovernance system. Under the MoU, Smartlinx has granted Nettlinx the right to use and market its SmartVM technology, an eGovernance application to be used with biometric systems, in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. Smartlinx will retain the rights to market and use SmartVM outside of the state of Andhra Pradesh, India.
Nettlinx has obtained a work order from the Forest Department of the Government of Andhra Pradesh to develop a biometric based voting machine for pilot implementation. The parties anticipate that Nettlinx will initially use SmartVM in its development of this biometric based voting machine. Smartlinx has agreed to assist Nettlinx in the customization of SmartlinxVM with biometric based hardware and will also provide maintenance and support services to Nettlinx.
The term of the MoU is for a period of one year. Each party may terminate the MoU upon providing one month’s written notice to the other party.
Source: Business Wire India
|< Prev||Next >|
- ICICI Lombard GIC to officially do weather crop insurance for Haryana farmers
- Aircel Partners with ‘INQ’ in India
- Mobikwik.com launches India's first mobile recharge through SMS
- NIIT Technologies announces strategic tie-up with SATS
- TNT makes importing easier with new online import system
- Launching of Translucent LPG Gas Cylinders