Thursday, Sep 18th

You are here: News Products & Services Mobikwik.com launches India's first mobile recharge through SMS

Mobikwik.com launches India's first mobile recharge through SMS

User Rating: / 10
PoorBest

"Out of prepaid talk time? No problem, just send an SMS to mobikwik.com to get instant mobile recharge" , says Bipin Preet Singh, Founder and CEO of mobikwik.com.

Of the 500 million odd mobile subscribers in India, around 94% are prepaid, making India one of the world's larget markets for prepaid topup. According to estimates, every month recharges worth 2 billion USD are sold in India. Most of these are sold through distribution networks created by the mobile carriers.

Many attempts are being made to use technology to make this huge logistics chain more efficient. One of the players in the mobile recharge space is mobikwik.com which sells directly to the end user through the web. A customer needs to create an account, make a payment with credit card, debit card or netbanking and get the mobile topup instantly.
Though recharge through internet is convenient, a large section of India's population do not have access to internet. Mobikwik.com has solved this problem by creating the world's first recharging system through SMS. Since SMS facility is present in all mobile handsets, this means around 400 million people can now recharge their mobile phones anywhere,anytime. The format of the SMS is very simple: RC amount cell-number. For example, if a user wanted to recharge 98105981** with Rs 10, an SMS like RC 10 98105981** needs to be sent to mobikwik's cell number (9711981981). Currently this service is available only to Indian mobiles.

"Going to a mobile recharge shop is a big hassle, especially for women and elderly since they are either occupied or too infirm to walk. Buying recharge is not like buying vegetables or grocery because the customer need not see, feel or taste the product he/she is buying. All that matters is that recharge should be done correctly. Therefore, mobile recharge is a perfect opportunity to be sold by employing intelligent technology" , says Bipin Preet Singh.

Source: IndiaPRWire

Comments (8)Add Comment
Business i like very well.
written by RD Daphal, February 22, 2011
Dear Sir,
I want to start this business as soon as possible just today please give details about this scheme if possible connect me any consult person pls send me term & condition demo & how many amount invest for start this business for Reacharge thrugh mobile ,dth. drajdaphal@ibibo.com my mail id and also my number 9270633007 address Shree Ganesha Computer Shikrapur Tal Shirur Dist Pune 412208 pls help me early as possible as. Thank you.
vote down
vote up
Votes: +0
agency
written by pratap biswas, November 04, 2010
sir/madam ,
This is pratap biswas want ed to do mobile phone recharger distributor from kolkata ,entally area .som i want some infromation regarding on this project .i m doing in kuwait same thing .
i hope u will reply me very soon
my email address:- pratap_biswas2003@yahoo.com.
thanks
from
pratap
vote down
vote up
Votes: +0
...
written by ramakrishna, August 23, 2010
y.ramakrishna from vijayawada [a.p ]
sir, I want to take the your franchise for your recharge through mobile, please give me in details and is there any demo through mobile recharge, i start the business as soon as possible. contact me by my email nttlindia@gmail.com
vote down
vote up
Votes: +0
Enquiry for frenchaise
written by Harish. B. M., July 19, 2010
Sir, I want to take your frenchaise for mobile recharge through mobile & online. What are the terms & conditionds for this? Please send me your details.
vote down
vote up
Votes: +1
new idea
written by shyamal bhandari, July 09, 2010
Good idea for business purpose, i want a online franchisee, My address : Ghosal para, Barasat, Kolkata - 700124.(W.B.) contact me.: 9433219977,As soon as possible,
your earliest attention is solicited.
vote down
vote up
Votes: +0
distributor
written by rupal bhaduri, July 09, 2010
Business idea is very nice,
sir, I want to take the franchise for your recharge through mobile, please give me in details and is there any demo through mobile recharge, i start the business as soon as possible. contact no.9830857540, ALPANA TRADERS, Shrachi Village Udayrajpur Madhyamgram, Kolkata-700129.(W.B)
vote down
vote up
Votes: +0
distributor
written by jagadish gupta, July 08, 2010
sir I want to take the franchise for your recharge through mobile what the terms and condition of your system and prospects off your company and please give me in details and is there any demo through mobile recharge . JAGADISH GUPTA C/O SHIB SADHAN GUPTA , GUPTA TELECOM , DUBRAJPUR THANAMORE GROUND FLOOR OF S.B.I BANK , DIST -BIRBHUM , WESTBENGAL , PIN- 731123
vote down
vote up
Votes: +0
Nice idea
written by san, April 08, 2010
Very nice innovative business idea. I would like to be an online franchise of this.
Regards,