The Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas Murli Deora informed the Lok Sabha in a written reply today that Government has conveyed “in principle” approval to the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) for expanding the product line by way of introduction of composite (translucent fiber glass) cylinders for marketing domestic LPG, subject to there being no subsidy element in the LPG to be marketed through these composite cylinders. Initially, it is planned to be launched as a pilot in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai & Pune. If successful, translucent LPG cylinders will be launched throughout the country.
He further said that global tender for procurement of translucent LPG cylinders has been invited by OMCs which is under evaluation. Only after finalization of the tender and placement of purchase order, the cost of the proposed translucent fibre glass cylinders will be known. However, these cylinders are being introduced in selected markets as a separate package and not as replacement of existing cylinders. The composite cylinders are translucent and will show the level of LPG present in the cylinder. Handling of these cylinders would be easier as they are lighter in weight than steel cylinders.
|< Prev||Next >|
- IKF Technologies & WAPMERR - India Enter Strategic Partnership to Provide GIS/MIS Services
- Rural Business Hub Scheme
- Online Hotel Reservation on Kerala Tourism Website a Big Hit
- Dr Car strengthens its pre owned car offering
- Wipro to Provide Business Productivity Solutions on Microsoft Cloud Platform
- July Systems Launches IPL on the Mobile Internet