The Government has decided to do away with the earlier practice of announcing the non-levy sugar quota on quarterly basis and to announce it on monthly basis from July, 2009 onwards till suspension of futures trading in sugar remains in force.
The Central Government has further decided to release non-levy sugar quota of 14.90 lac tons for the month of July, 2009. A quantity of 1.70 lac tons has been released under levy sugar for distribution in the Public Distribution System for the month of July, 2009. Thus, the total sugar available in the month of July, 2009 would be 16.60 lac tons sufficient to meet the internal demand of sugar for this month. The Government will be monitoring the sugar prices in the open market closely and additional quantities of non-levy sugar, if need be, will be released.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Six core industries registered positive growth in May 2009
- Indian passenger vehicle market expected to be 3.75 million by 2014, Ernst & Young
- Railways to adopt ‘IGBT’ technology to regenerate electrical energy
- ASSOCHAM prescribes measures to contain Fiscal Deficit
- Oil sector Vision 2015 for ‘Consumer Satisfaction and Beyond’
- Permission granted to twenty two new TV Channels